2017 BANO Prize
2017 BANO Prizes supported by the Belgian Brain Tumor Support (BBTS)
The Prize amount is seven thousand euro (7000 euro) to be awarded to 2 winners (First Prize 4000 and Second Prize 3000 euro).
Each year the Belgian Brain Tumor Support will honor two selected physicians, residents, fellows or paramedics who exemplify a new contribution in the care or support of patients bearing a central nervous system tumor or in the field of basic neuro-oncological research with the goal to present their work in a congres.
The Belgian Brain Tumor Support is currently accepting applications for the 2017 Award.
- Eligible candidates are physicians, residents, researchers or paramedics under the age of 37 years-old that are involved in the field of neuro-oncology or taking care of patients bearing a brain tumor including revalidation and psychological support anywhere in Belgium.
- Candidates are in the process to present their work in a Congress.
- Receipt of other awards does not preclude a candidate from eligibility for the Prize.
- Submissions should include the following:
- Description of the work in maximum 10 double-spaces pages (including references).
- Curriculum Vitae detailing the candidate’s background, experience and positions, and listing all published or presented works.
- The candidate’s office and home mailing addresses, including telephones, fax, and e-mail.
- Evidence showing that the work is in the process to be presented in a congress.
- Previous awards, honors, grants or recognition received for the work (please state the name, nature, source, and date of each).
- One or more individuals who worked together in a work can apply for the Prize.
- No nomination papers or work shall be returned to the applicants whether or not the candidate wins the Prize.
- The last date for receiving the complete submission by email (firstname.lastname@example.org, President) is 1st November 2017
- The winner’s name(s) shall be announced in December 2017 during the BANO Symposium.
Responsibilities of the Prize Recipient
The winners of the Belgian Brain Tumor Support Prize will give a proof of their presentation to a congress in the following 8 months after receiving the Prize.